Monday, October 13, 2014

On second thought ...




After I write an article for the blog I typically go through my digital camera and delete photos covered in the article or that are being saved in the “cloud”. Doesn’t the “cloud” sound like an ominous place that we can never retrieve or manage our work again??? Anyway, I digress …. So, while viewing the photos I came across the pixs from the exterior part of the tour known as the Grounds and the Gallery.

Once the initial part of the interior tour is complete the group took a walk outside to tour the grounds.  Outside any kind of barbeque, wood fire or tandoori cooking was done. Since it was well over 90+ degrees outside … all the oven, fire pits and tandoori ovens were off.  Thank God! Heat upon heat…not my kind of party. I fell in love with the food fire pit where they cook pizzas, calzones and flat breads.
Walking further we saw outside patio dining, which looked very lovely amongst the trees. The school was closed and it was after lunch, therefore no crowds to serve.  Walking a little further …yes, the grounds are very large you wind up back inside the school’s front entrance. Inside the Gallery is open to purchase anything under the sun that has to do with the culinary arts.

What caught my eye were the handmade chocolates with melt in your mouth ganache and an intense flavor of raspberry, mango, pistachio or my favorite chocolate-on-chocolate-on chocolate.  On the opposite side was a CafĂ© to order sandwiches, salads and daily special for a casual style meal rather than the formal meal presented by Wine Spectator Greystone Restaurant.

I highly recommend the CIA however, Come for the tour, but stay for the food, ambiance and historical landscape.

Thanks for reading… all comments are welcome and appreciated.

Cooking with love makes any recipe taste better.

Lady E

 














No comments:

Post a Comment