Monday, October 5, 2015

Roasted Chicken with Garlic, Lemon and Thyme.

Yep, that's a chicken. And, yes again... it's upside down. But, let focus on the skin of the juicy, most and delicious looking skin.
Now, that you've had a moment to swallow and wipe your salvation mouth let me tell you this was the most delicious chicken I've ever-EVER tasted from my own kitchen. Typically, I cook portions of the chicken,... tights, breasts...yada, yada,... at a single time with olive oil salt and better. I am single after all and cook small portions for just me.
But, to save money and to experiment, I tried a time tested recipe of spattering room temperature butter all over the outside of the a whole frye3r/chicken and underneath the skin of the breast. I also massaged the cavity before filling it with thyme leaves, quartered yellow onion and lemon. Baked at a whooping 400 degrees for 45 - 60 minutes.
The reason I cooked my chicken upside down... was for two reasons. 1) my small oven for this 5 lb bird wouldn't accommodate the whole chicken with the breast facing up. Shoulda thought of that when I expressed joy at the Butchers... 2) to keep the breast moist. Yeah, that was the reason... to keep the breast moist during the cooking process. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
 
Not only was the entire bird delicious beyond belief, but the flavor was amazing and stayed that way even after refrigerated over night.
Sometimes cooking in the kitchen means using the expertise of well known Chef's.... that love butter as much as I do.
 
Remember, cooking with love makes any recipe taste better... and everything is better with butter.


 
 
 
 
Yep, 

No comments:

Post a Comment